Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lapping my exhaust valves

I am no super mechanic here, I just want to make this clear. I'm just doing the best I can here with what I got. To be very honest I'm quite overwhelmed with all this. This is my DD not a extra hobbie rig. I'm just blessed with a history of high school & college shop classes & I just like sharing my story with you.

In my last post I was replacing valve stem seals which went fairly well with the intake side. I spun them around a bunch of times to clean the seats up. When I started the exhaust side it was a different story. From what I learned in shop over 25 years ago I need to lap them with that gritty stuff. I did my first one & I'm happy with the outcome.
As of 2:00 a.m. I was finally finished. It took 2 days to complete 24 valve seals & 12 lapped exhaust valves.

No comments:

Post a Comment